Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Brilliant Feat

And I can feel the power rushing through my veins

So how about the Magic, eh? You don't have to say anything, I know you're excited as excited as I am. The time difference meant I had to be up at 5 am to catch the second half, but as any Magic fan can tell you, we don't have a lot of chances to see our team this deep in the playoffs. And the Finals, no less. I realize this isn't a basketball blog, but I can't help myself. There is something thoroughly satisfying about watching your hometown heroes defying expectations and bringing home a win in definitive fashion.

I miss watching the Magic. I miss watching games with my dad. I miss going to the O-rena with Aunt Betty. I miss my mom pretending not to be interested in how the game is going. I miss seeing my nephew in his Dwight Howard jersey. I miss talking color commentating with my brother. I am thoroughly satisfied with where God has placed me, and I am overwhelmed with anticipation at what is going to happen next. But sometimes, there's no place like home. And there's no team like the Magic.

1 comment:

  1. You have to give away my secret.....I stayed up but could only watch the last 30 seconds of the game.

    ReplyDelete