Thursday, April 16, 2009

Always just beneath the dawn

I believe that Love is greater, never ceasing, always hoping

It's all happening so fast. It's difficult to believe that I've already been here for more than a week. And really, things have been going very well so far. It's going to take a while before I find myself truly acclimated to my new home, but as a famous psychiatrist once said: 'Baby steps.'

The best part of this week has been that I've been able to participate in some ministry activities. On Wednesday I had the opportunity to go with a portion of my team to travel about an hour outside of Kiev to the city of Volodarka. We did some work for a local church helping to till in their garden. There are some pictures on my Shutterfly account, and although you may find it hard to believe, I have had no professional tilling experience. Honestly. I promise.

I was also able to sit in on an English class at a church downtown. Our team is involved with a teaching ministry there a few nights a week, and I'll be getting to teach one this Monday. Makes me wish I had payed a bit more attention in ESL training at orientation.

It's been a good week, getting to meet some more of my colleagues in the area, as well as getting to interact with some Ukrainian nationals for the first time. I still don't know what the rest of my time here will look like, but I'm excited to find out. New opportunities, new ministries, new people to meet. Keep me in your prayers...it's going to get much more interesting from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment